Supporting Love Without Boundaries

Join me as I share my trials and tribulations as a new runner. What started off as a goal to run a half-marathon (when I could barely run 3 miles) to raise money for Love Without Boundaries quickly became a way of life. I encourage you to follow along, laugh with me, and learn from my mistakes. Overall, just realize that I'm not out to win any races, but my goal is self-improvement. In the last 2 years I've lost 50 lbs and reclaimed my LOVE for life! And if I can do it, so can YOU!


Friday, July 6, 2012

Beautiful Trail Run!

For the 4th, we went "home" to the Quinault area and stayed with my parents. I was raised out there, went to school and graduated from there too. It's a very small town that has changed immensely in the last 30 years.

But one thing that hasn't changed is the beauty of the area. It is a temperate rain forest, and with all that rain (about 12 feet a year), there are the most beautiful green forests. There is a series of small hiking trails that my friends and I used to walk a lot back in the day, and i think when I was 19 I might have even ran on them a few times, but only a few miles.

Yesterday, I do believe I ran about 4.4-ish miles. That's an estimate, so could be more or less, I truly don't know. I took a few wrong turns, but overall had a blast! I stopped to take about 12 pics, so I'm not looking at my time/pace because this was just a fun day out. The trail itself was rough in a few spots, with some muddy areas from recent rain. It's a lot different than pounding pavement because you have to watch for roots sticking up, rocks, mud, and over grown areas. But you also get to see this!




Yes, it was a beautiful day for a beautiful run through the woods. Sometimes, you just need to get away from the pavement and hit the trails, and I plan to do that more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment